So I’ve move to tumblr.
It might not be the best move because tumblr always has server issues but it might be easier to scroll through when I’m abroad. I’ll still save my wordpress blog for lengthier posts but I’m hoping to have more picture posts when I’m away so that might be easier? Actually, not really.
Well the other thing is that everyone has tumblr so I might as well succumb to pressure.
Sheryl Sandberg from Facebook shares:
Watched this awhile ago and realized that I am still thinking about what she said.
Purchased a new camera. It hasn’t arrived yet. Will play with it soon.
Will start a tumblr soon, probably when I go abroad but I’ll still keep this. Everyone’s doing it. I should too. It might be easier.
Dean Karnazes…is the ultra marathon man. Seriously, he’s featured on Stan Lee’s Superhumans and if you read through his amazing accomplishments, you’ll be convinced that he’s out of this world.
He just recently ran 50 marathons (26.2 miles) in 50 states in 50 days to raise awareness about health, fitness and exercise. He has also completed a 135 mile ultra-marathon across the 120 degree temperatures in Death Valley. You can read more about his incredible feats on his bio page.
Anyway, I thought what he said here was hilarious.
Dean Karnazes was an average beer-guzzling Joe, stuck in a job he hated and sick of the rat race. Then, while celebrating his 30th birthday at a bar, he suddenly decided to walk out the door and go for a 30-mile run. That moment changed his life forever.
How do you even train to run 100 miles? How do you even decide to do that one day? What the heck does he eat? He runs basically from morning until night and I’m sure he’s burning like 10 pounds a day, which would mean that he would have to eat 10 pounds of food in order to maintain his muscles and weight…
You know…on my 21st birthday, I’ll just run a 21 miler.
I woke up this morning and was thankful that this song was stuck in my head, otherwise I would have had a sucky start to a potentially sucky day.
And We Are Glad- Joe Pace
Ebony Singers is a class I am taking and the songs we sing randomly pop up in my head throughout the day, which is a great thing because these songs are so positive and uplifting. I mean even if you disagree or don’t believe in the lyrics, the songs themselves sound so epic that you can’t help but try to sing as epically as the choir is singing.
These were the other two songs that I started singing while walking home:
I Am God- Donald Lawrence
Usually at the end of class, I feel super lightheaded from singing my head off.
My professor is Dr. Marichal Monts, the pastor of Citadel of Love in Hartford.
Our concert is December 6th at 8P!
Here is a list of things I am quite enamored by as of late:
1. Coffee-one cup of straight black coffee has seriously brightened my days (and nights…). It is a bit unsettling knowing that I am awake because of caffeine and not the natural will of my body.
2. Asics Running Shoes-I want to wear them every single day.
3. Taiko– Smashing loud drums and doing awesome batchi (drum stick) tricks rock. (See previous post) You all better be coming to my concert: Friday, December 3-8PM. Plus my arms are super buff right now.
4. Toasted blueberry bagels or blueberry muffins-seriously irresistible breakfast/brunch food. With a cup of hot coffee at hand, this totally makes my day.
5. My rainboots-puddle splashing and kicking up water make rainy days less depressing.
6. Yogurt and granola, especially Fage with Bear Naked-if anyone has eaten with me at Usdan, you know that I will get a bowl at every and any meal. I can seriously eat a whole container of Fage and a bag of Bear Naked in one sitting. Don’t tempt me.